Kallichoron Green Policy
We care deeply about the people and the environment in which we live. Being a “Green Key” eco-labelled hotel, we have adopted a Green Policy to achieve perfect operation regimes that work in perfect harmony with the environment. It is a management priority to continuously save energy, water and conduct proper waste management with a view to reduce our carbon footprint for years to come.
For this reason:
- We use solar energy for water heating purposes and reduce energy loss with full insulation of the transfer pipes.
- We monitor and adjust the temperature of the central air conditioning system, according to the external weather conditions.
- We are using reduced energy consumption lighting
- We use eco-friendly detergents
- We support “Clean Hands” non-profit organisation, which collects residual soap from hotels and after appropriate treatment, distributes them to socially vulnerable groups.
- We have established a connection with the treatment plant of Astypalea
- We use the magnetic key cards as in-room power enablers, so as to stop the operation of all electrical facilities, except the refrigerator.
- We return all used batteries in cooperation with the company "AFIS” and we recycle all electrical & electronic equipment, in cooperation with the company ElectroCycle.
- We replaced the plastic straws with paper ones to help save the sea and animals. Earth loves us and we do too!
Thank you for helping us to protect the environment!